Are you looking to join a team whose work makes an impact on the success of the company?
Since 1977, RGA Enterprises, Inc. has remained a contract manufacturing leader of liquid cleaning products providing industry services to Fortune 500 companies across the U.S.
RGA’s Purpose: To create manufacturing solutions for brand owners while helping protect and grow their most valuable asset – their brand. Learn more about us at www.rgaenterprises.com.
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Technician in the Charlotte, NC area. The normal shift for this position is Monday- Friday 7 am- 5:30 pm– however, the hours may vary based on schedule and workload.
We are proud to offer:
- Competitive hourly salary – $18 – $25 based on experience
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Excellent training
- Great team-oriented work environment
- Growth opportunities
In this position as Maintenance Technician, you will support operations by maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing and optimizing all facilities and manufacturing equipment including construction, painting, plumbing, welding, heating/cooling, automation and fire protection systems. This position creates value for the facility by performing preventative and corrective maintenance leading to increased uptime and reliability helping the facility to meet their production and quality goals.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and simple electrical problems on place facilities and productions equipment
- Performs preventative maintenance per defined interval/schedule in a timely manner and documents maintenance concerns/resolutions in an electronic CMMS database – providing action plans and status reports as needed
- Recognizes and corrects potential equipment failure or unsafe conditions and communicates this to Maintenance Management
- Performs welding fabrication (both stick and gas) in various locations and positions including pipe and structural on various metals for new and existing equipment
- Perform machine shop work operating various machines such as drill presses, grinders, MIG/TIG/stick welders, plasma torches, cutting equipment, pneumatic tools and electric/manual hand tools
- Performs pipe fitting of both threaded and welded pipe of various sizes, both prefabricated and field runs. Locations may include to and from various pieces of equipment/systems, outside pipe bridges and inside buildings.
- Ensures that all work performed meets required codes and is in accordance with plant policies and procedures
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment and follow all safety policies and procedures
- High school diploma
- 2+ years of experience of repair/maintenance of manufacturing equipment
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Strong critical thinking and creative skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience with Continuous Improvement methodology is preferred
- Experience with mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, operational theory, troubleshooting and repair including ability to read blueprints and schematics and systematically diagnose and repair problems
- Experience with mechanical drive systems including chains, belts, shaft and gear drives, and system operation and performance
- Team player with positive demeanor
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule as needed
- Must be able and willing to work in confined spaces, around chemicals, heights, and/or dusty/dirty areas
We firmly believe that our company is only as good as the people we employ. Join a company that values its employees and rewards them for a job well done!
For immediate consideration of this Maintenance Technician opportunity, please apply and attach a copy of your resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $25.00 per hour